Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Retro CD Player Does Vinyl!

I know this isn't Macintosh related, but I couldn't resist! -TG

Teac's Retro CD player doesn't just pay lip service to the days of yore, it actually plays artifacts from the original rock-and-roll era --; yep, we're talking about vinyl! In addition to CDs, it will also take your 33-, 45- and 78-rpm records, allowing you to hear your favorite music as God and the record industry intended. It also has a USB port, so you can play mp3s from a flash drive or portable hard drive, and an FM tuner. The 2.1 speaker system with subwoofer should give you solid desktop sound. Available in Japan for just over $200.[Via Akihabara News]

Gear Factor

1 comment:

Timothy Godby said...

I know I want one! (though I have one of the finest turntables a normal human can own)