Thursday, May 11, 2006

iWoz

Quoted from Cult of Mac...-TG

Amazon has posted what appears to be the final cover to Steve Wozniak's memoir, I, Woz: How I Invented the Personal Computer and Had Fun Along the Way. I'm interested to read the book, co-written with author and journalist Gina Smith. Woz's love of simple and elegant engineering is still with Apple today. It's quite interesting, in light of Steve Jobs's reported decision not to write a forward to the book, that the title is "iWoz" as opposed to the "I, Woz" initially announced. The lower case "i" aesthetic is so much a part of Jobs' second tenure at Apple, which Woz had no real part in, that some might infer some playful rivalry in this choice. I would never do that, of course. ;) It's marketing, pure and simple.

The Cult of Mac Blog


No comments: