Sunday, September 30, 2007

News: Apple releases iPhone update 1.1.1

I applied the update to my iPhone. It was the first to come with two, count 'em two, dialogue boxes/warnings to be certain one had read everything before applying them. The update proceeded without incident and I now have the patches, enhancements and the new iTunes Wi-Fi button! You might ask why my experience was so flawless. I'll tell you. I haven't hacked the iPhone, I haven't "jailbroken" the iPhone. Instead, I've simply been the ecstatic owner of one of the finest pieces of innovative technology to come along in a very long time.

Apple dutifully warned everyone in a very public statement that tampering with the phone could cause irreparable damage. It also warned before and during the update that a "hacked" phone could be rendered useless. Well, folks, guess what? They weren't kidding. I have a question for all those "poor" owners of an "iBrick". Why did you apply the update? Why did you ignore Apple's warnings and tamper with the device? And to some of the computer world authors, "Why do you think it is a consumer's "right" to ignore alliances between companies, blaze one's own trail and not have to pay a price for doing so? The whole thing is absurd, in my opinion. Bottom line: they got what they deserved. Sorry if that's harsh, but that's how I see it

News: Apple releases iPhone update 1.1.1: "Apple on Thursday released the much anticipated software update for the iPhone. In addition to the iTunes Wi-Fi Store, the update

(Via Macworld.)

No comments: