Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Final Cut Studio Goes Universal!


Posted on Mar 29, 2006 at 8:28pm by Dennis Sellers: Apple's Final Cut Pro Studio is now available as a Universal Binary product and will run natively on both PowerPC and Intel Macs.Final Cut Studio Pro includes Final Cut Pro, Motion, SoundTrack Pro and DVD Studio Pro components. For new users the cost is US$1,299. Upgrades from Final Cut Pro 1, 2 or 3 are $699. There are also a variety of Universl crossgrades for those wishing to get the Universal Binary version. Crossgrades start at US$99. Apple is offering free shipping on orders of the product.

Macsimum News - Final Cut Pro Studio goes Universal Binary

technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

mnadeja said...

Hmmmm. this is somehting I have been wondering which is best. Then again the more I think about it I realize that this type of debate can become a paranoid obsession. It's seems that it's 50-50 as to which is best for my machine. I figured I just needed to make a decision and go with it or else I'll spend countless hours researching and never getting an answer.

Me, I choose to use sleep. I am on my computer at least once a day; the hard drive spins down in slepp mode and start up is very quick. When i am going to be away for a few days, I'll go ahead and shut the computer down.

Timothy Godby said...

Somehow this got posted to the wrong post. Must be a blogger thing! Me, I leave my XP machine up 24/7 as it serves as a GoToMyPC host. I put my laptop to sleep when it is not in use instead of shutting down for the same reason Matt mentioned. Under OS X sleeping and waking is nearly instantaneous. (Anyone remember the OS 9 days?)
There's no question that a constantly spinning hard disk wears faster and will fail sooner. But a smart person backs up on a regular basis. And I know everyone does that, right?