Sunday, March 26, 2006

To Leave Running or Not to Leave Running

Quoted from Don Foy and Macsimum News - "At the risk of starting a holy war, I want to tackle one of the most-asked questions of Mac users across the world: Should you turn your Mac off when you are not using it? I plan to present both sides of this battle and let you decide on the merits of each argument. I will likely leave out something, so you guys and gals can fight it out in the comments below, but let's keep it civil. Remember from the last column;we are all family, eh."

Macsimum News - MacBasics: leave your Mac on or shut it down?

technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is like the "which came first the chicken or the egg?'
I usually just put mine to sleeep if I know I will be using it agian the next morning. This makes it much easier for a quick email check before running out the door.

Timothy Godby said...

"Sleep" is also my preferred method and perfect for those of us with laptops. Desktop machines WILL sleep, it's just not as easy. -Tim